The Magic of Books Interactive Online Reading Programme
A 30-minute interactive online reading programme for your child
Here is another online interactive programme for your child to enjoy from the safety of your own home. The Magic of Books is another popular schools programme Magic 4 Children usually offer to nurseries and full classes of Key Stage 1 children in Primary Schools across the North-West. However, whilst the schools are in lockdown and children across the UK are in isolation we have adapted our 1-hour reading programme into a 30-minute Online interactive episode for your child to keep them engaged and help keep their brains active whilst they are kept out of school.
"I have to say you have adapted the show brilliantly to work online - as professionally done as ever I was so impressed. You have such a gift with children, expect some letters to Cheeky Monkey soon Harry in particular is on a mission!" - Sarah (Mum of Harry, 5 and Jacob, 7)
What is The Magic of Books Online Programme?
The Magic of Books Interactive Online Reading Programme is a condensed and adapted version of our popular schools programme. This is normally only on offer to full classes of up to 30 children at a time. It is an Educational (and FUN) Reading Program linked to the Language and Communication strand of the EYFS Framework. We can all agree that if given the chance, the majority of children would quite happily be glued to the television for the majority of their day, obviously too much of this is bad for our kids. Now that the schools are in lockdown and families are being forced into isolation children just like yours are going to be needing some fun and educational activities to take part in that will stimulate their minds and keep them engaged. The Magic of Books is a 30-minute programme that will do just that!
Watch the short video below and see The Magic of Books: Online Interactive Reading Programme in action!!!
Learning through role play and fun
Children learn in different ways so the "Magic of Books" programme uses blended learning through the experience of a “live to your living room" online performance. Your Child will focus on the story lines that encourage critical thinking as they make links between ideas presented in the programme.
The children are encouraged to repeat the “super-secret magic words”, participating and engaging in the stories which provides them with a rich language environment, giving them the opportunity to learn how to speak and listen in different situations.
Your child will be gripped from beginning to end, learning about the magic and fun in books. You will love getting to see your child listen attentively to the plots and accurately anticipate what happens next. They get to respond and interact with relevant comments and actions with Freddie Fantastic and keeping this interaction with the outside world could be crucial to their self-development and confidence in the classroom the longer schools remain in lockdown.
Fun counting games incorporates mathematics and present the children with an opportunity to develop and exercise their counting skills.
The show introduces the idea of different kinds of books for example factual learning books, story books, colouring-in books and picture books. Your child even gets the opportunity to practice and show off their reading skills to Freddie Fantastic and Cheeky Monkey by reading them a story book of their own choosing!
"Thank you for entertaining and teaching our pre-school children about the fun of books. We all a great time and were really amazed by the magic!
Can you come back soon?"
- Mrs James and Miss Carnell - Thornton Hough Primary School, Wirral
What will my child get in the 30-minute online session?
- For 30-minutes you get your very own Freddie Fantastic engaging and entertaining your children leaving you free to put your feet up and catch your breath during this turbulent time
- You'll be amazed at how quickly your child engages with Freddie and you'll get so much joy seeing how much they enjoy the programme
- Freddie Fantastic himself is streamed live into your living room through a secure and private link, no need to leave the house just stream it live to your Mobile phone, Tablet, Computer Screen or even Television at a time that is convenient for you!
- Your child will be engaged with the amazing magic tricks, these tricks aren't just for fun though each one is designed to inspire your child to put down the remote and pick up a book to read instead
- The nations favourite "Cheeky Monkey" pays a visit to your virtual programme and listens to your child read them a story, you won't believe how eager your child will be to read their favourite story to Cheeky Monkey the North-Wests favourite puppet
- The session ends with your child sitting back and relaxing whilst Freddie Fantastic reads them a story, the perfect way to end the programme and leaving your child feeling calm and relaxed. Who knows, maybe they'll even want a nap afterwards!
How do I take part in The Magic of Books?
This online programme is accessible to you 7 days a week between the hours of 9am-6pm, all you have to do is send an email to Craig at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him on 07708767898 to arrange a time and date that suits you, let him know who will be attending the online programme and how old they are and that's it. Craig will then send you an email confirming the date and time of your session with a link to your private Zoom meeting room, all you need to do then is click on the link when it is time for your child's session to start, sit back and relax whilst Freddie engages your child for 30-minutes with thought provoking magic tricks, reading practice with Cheeky Monkey and story time with Freddie Fantastic!
See What Other People have said about The Magic of Books Reading Programme:
"I wanted to say a huge "thank you" for your fantastic reading program at our pre-school. The children were spell-bound by your performance - it was perfect edutainment for our two to four year olds (and the staff loved it too)!"
- Andrea Brearley, Diggle Dandelions Pre-School
"BIG BIG THANK YOU from all the children and teachers. We have had a great time with the Magic of Books presentation. The children are still talking about how funny Cheeky Monkey is."
- A Stokes - Lacey Green Primary Academy, Cheshire