The Magic of Mindfulness Online Programme
What is The Magic of Mindfulness?
The Magic of Mindfulness is a new mindfulness and wellbeing programme that has recently been developed for and introduced to Key Stage 1 children in Primary Schools across the North West. Although the main programme is usually an hour long and delivered to classes of up to 30 children at a time we thought it would be helpful to offer an online condensed version of the programme to children across the country during the outbreak of COVID-19 and the consequences this virus brings. The programme is aimed at children aged between 5-7 years old and its 3 core elements are helping children to:
- Be More Kind to themselves and each other
- Calm down and Concentrate
- Develop their emotional intelligence
Online Help with Home Schooling
"The Children were fascinated by the magic. They were all involved regardless of their academic ability and the children were given excellent strategies for dealing with times when they may be distracted or on edge." Jane Nicholas, Ashton House Nursery, Chester
What will take part in the 30-minute online session?
- Craig (aka "Freddie") will introduce himself to your child and quickly build a rapport with them by playing the "Getting to know you" game helping them to feel relaxed and engaged
- Your child will then take part in some interactive mindfulness games such as "Mirror, mirror", "Count the sounds", "Freddie says..." and "Mystery box"
- Freddie then engages your child with thought provoking Magic tricks. These tricks may be entertaining but their purpose is to educate your child and introduce them to the importance and benefit of being mindful. It is excellent education through excellent entertainment!
- Freddie then gives your child some easy to follow breathing techniques. These techniques are designed to help centre your child and they give your child ways to calm down and concentrate during busy times in their day.
- The session then comes to an end with some positive affirmations where Freddie gets a little bit of help from "Kris the Kindness Kid" this interactive puppet teaches your child the importance of being kind, not only to other people but also to themselves.
“This session gave my child time for them to think for themselves. It was a nice time out of their busy day as usually it is all go and not very quiet" - John, Father of 2 children, Warrington
How do I take part in The Magic of Mindfulness?
This online programme is accessible to you 7 days a week between the hours of 9am-6pm, all you have to do is send an email to Craig at email@example.com or call him on 07708767898 to arrange a time and date that suits you, let him know who will be attending the online programme and how old they are and that's it. Craig will then send you an email confirming the date and time of your session with a link to your private Zoom meeting room, all you need to do then is click on the link when it is time for your child's session to start, sit back and relax whilst Freddie engages your child for 30-minutes and provides them with ways and methods of relaxing, calming down and concentrating and feeling amazing about themselves. You'll be amazed at how well the children respond to these Mindfulness techniques and what's more, you can even use these techniques yourself at any time of the day where you feel that your child needs help relaxing, calming down or simply feeling more positive about themselves.
What Other Schools say
The children really enjoyed and participated in all of the games. It was amazing to see how engaged the children were
-Emma (St Matthews Primary)
Thank you so much for entertaining the children yesterday. They were gripped from the moment the programme started. All the children loved the performance. Freddie is great with the children and we would definitely invite him to come again!
- Miss Tyson (Riverbank Primary School, Lymm)
A big thank you from all the year 2 children at St. Mary’s School. Freddie was amazing and achieved some wonderful results
- Paula Whipp (St Mary’s R.C School, Failsworth, Manchester)